All of the lessons that the Lord has taught me in Senegal I already “knew” before we ever boarded the plane three years ago. But after our experiences these truths have taken on a greater depth of meaning in my life.
- People are more important than time.
- God will oftentimes give you more (even much more!) than you can handle so that He can teach you to trust Him.
- Loving is hard, but it’s the most important thing.
- We live in a very, very spiritually dark world.
- Lost men are blind men.
- The enemy’s greatest weapon is fear.
- God is not in a hurry and He is always at work.
- God’s common grace is evident everywhere.
- Home is a place yet to come.
- Reaching the world with the Gospel takes everyone.
- Wisdom that comes from God is priceless.
- Dependency is horrible; interdependency is precious.
of love communicate fluently in any language.
- Ambiguity in our life drives us to walk by faith.
- God wastes no detail in our life in forming us into the image of His Son.
- Everything is always grace and grace is always sufficient.
- Security and safety are only found in Christ and never in our circumstances.