Hangin' Out in Karongue

Hangin' Out in Karongue

Friday, March 29, 2013

Another Normal Day

I had a fairly normal day today: Had a sick child (It is now Ezra's turn). Killed probably over 1,000 ants that invaded our kitchen. Watched Thea clean the feet of and paint the toenails of eight of her friends. Went to the market and talked about the Gospel and Good Friday with a Muslim young man for about two-and-a-half hours. Killed about 1,000 more ants that invaded our kitchen a second time. Walked back to the market to get more ant-killer. Watched Hosanna play with her friends. Spent some time talking and praying with Abdoulaye. Thea organized a program and we watched the "Jesus Film" in our yard in Jola with 13 of Thea's Jola friends, two of their mothers, a grandmother, three infants, and a friend of mine that came by. Cleaned up, prayed with the kids, and tucked them in. Took a bucket bath and now I am getting ready for bed. Feel like I am stuck in a routine with all of this normalcy!

2 comments:

  1. It is awesome reading your posts and seeing what God is doing through all of you.. Love it.. Thank you for keeping us updated... Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to smile. I have been down with a cold and just sitting in my chair for 5 days. I am soooo ready for a day like you describe!

    ReplyDelete