Hangin' Out in Karongue

Hangin' Out in Karongue

Friday, July 15, 2011

You know you're in intercultural training when...

A few weeks ago those of us who will be living in remote areas of the world met at our apartment and had a crash-course on suturing by Dr. Scott (a student at CIT). With a half-dozen fresh pig's feet spread out on our dining room table we practiced stitching and stapling up cuts. I am not sure that we are ready for the real thing or not, but if you have a wounded pig please do not hesitate to call us!  





"Gayle, let me show you how to do this. I have been
stitching up pig's feet for over 20 minutes now."
Ez even got in on the action by stapling the pigs cut.
The finished product!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! We often get Pigs Feet in our weekly grocery delivery, and although most folks will take any free meat they can get, even the most needy don't want the pigs feet :) Now I know where to send them! Good job stitchin!! Hopefully you will never have to use this new skill :) Love from all the Youngbloods (Labeth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried many kinds of stitching but, I don't believe I have ever worked on pigs feet! When we visit again in person we will have to compare notes! Hugs to all, Miss Judy

    ReplyDelete