Hangin' Out in Karongue

Hangin' Out in Karongue

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Here are the Facts...

Here are the facts: I am a 45 year old home school mother of three. And people ask me, "How can you take your children and go live in Africa? Why are you excited to go and live in such a different culture with limited medical facilities and a totally different way of life?" But I cannot wait to get to Africa because of the hope  that the Gospel brings!

When I think about Senegal  I think about the women there. My heart is drawn to them as they are a picture of hopelessness without Jesus. Their days are spent with backbreaking work and responsibility, all lived out in a culture of spiritual darkness apart from Jesus. And most of them have no way to know the truth of the Gospel. That is why I want to go: to share my life with them and tell them about my Savior and how He is their hope.

I often think to myself, "What would Senegal look like if it were not 95% Muslim, but were instead 95% Christian?" How would that change the lives of these women? Pray with me that the women of southern Senegal would hear the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that He would bring true hope to their lives!
- Gayle

1 comment:

  1. Your post took my mind directly to Romans chapter 5. I am committed to pray without ceasing for all of you. May God direct all of your steps to take that "true hope" that promises to not disappoint. Fit your feet with the Gospel. May the Nations (Senegal) rejoice!


    1 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, 4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. 5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
    Romans 5:1-5 (HCSB)

    ReplyDelete